Welcome to the VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd website
VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd (Registered Charity Number 1146746) is an umbrella organisation which facilitates greater collaboration and co-operation between organisations within the UK, which focus on vision impairment and operate on a national, regional or international basis.
VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd is a supporting member of the VISION 2020 Global Initiative. For details of the worldwide programme or to make enquiries, please click anywhere on this text.
VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd's objectives are:
- To prevent avoidable blindness
- To improve the quality of services to vision impaired people
- To improve the training available to professionals providing advice and services
- To improve communication between organisations within the VI Sector
- To improve the availability of information to vision impaired people
- To ensure that the voices of the vision impaired are heard when planning services and their opinions sought on key issues affecting their lives
- To raise public awareness of the issues and problems relating to sight loss
In addition to the above, VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd will seek to provide a unified response on key issues affecting vision impaired people and to provide visual impairment sector representatives for consultation groups, working parties and project groups.
UK Vision Strategy
The UK Vision Strategy is a cross-sector initiative, uniting all those in the UK who want to take action on issues relating to vision. The strategy is a VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd initiative led by Royal National Institute of Blind People.
The UK Vision Strategy seeks a major transformation in the UK’s eye health, eye care and sight loss services. The Strategy was developed by a wide-ranging alliance of statutory health and social care bodies, voluntary sector organisations, eye health professionals and service users.
This powerful combination gives the Strategy a credibility that cannot be ignored. The Strategy outcomes and priority actions have been defined by the combined voices of all these groups, and the many individuals who have contributed.
For more information go to UK Vision Strategy Information
Read the latest blog from the UK Vision Strategy Programme Director/Interim Chief Operations Officer VISION 2020 (UK) Ltd. Go To This Link
To receive regular updates about the UK Vision Strategy and newsletters please register now